PAFCS Strategic Plan
The AAFCS Strategic Plan forms the frame for our PAFCS Strategic Plan.
Mission (focus for decisions and actions)
To provide leadership and support for professionals whose work assists individuals, families, and communities in making informed decisions about their well being, relationships, and resources to achieve optimal quality of life.
Vision (clear and compelling catalyst that serves as a focal point for positioning the Association through planning and actions)
Individuals, families, and communities are achieving optimal quality of life assisted by competent, caring professionals whose expertise is continually updated through AAFCS.
Core Values (essential and enduring principles that guide an association, inform decisions and attract members)
• Believe in the family as a fundamental unit of society.
• Embrace diversity and values all people.
• Support life-long learning and diverse scholarship.
• Exemplify integrity and ethical behavior.
• Seek new ideas and initiatives and embraces change.
• Promote an integrative and holistic approach, aligned with the FCS body of knowledge,
• to support professionals who work with individuals, families, and communities.
Strategic Focus (the priority member benefit and product for attracting external customers)
PAFCS provides its members and customers high quality research-based professional development distinguished by its integrative and holistic approach. (Professional development - the ongoing acquisition of education, materials, assessments, and experiences that enable growth and expansion of thinking, ideas, knowledge, and skills)
Strategic Outcomes (the Association's major goals to be achieved; the purposes for action)
Strategic Outcome 1:
• Knowledge and Skills are Applied for the Public Good - Members and customers are recognized for generating and applying research-based knowledge and skills gained through AAFCS to implement programming that addresses public issues and prevents, reduces, or eliminates persistent personal and societal problems.
Strategic Outcome 2:
• PAFCS is Key to Success for Professionals in FCS – Members, customers and partners view engagement in AAFCS initiatives, networking and ongoing professional development and research opportunities as key to their professional success.
Strategic Outcome 3:
• PAFCS Credentials are Highly Valued – AAFCS/PAFCS accreditation, certification and testing programs are recognized as valuable to individuals, educational institutions, and industries that prepare and employ pre-professionals and professionals engaged in the work of improving quality of life.
Strategic Outcome 4:
• PAFCS Collaboration Effectively Leverages Resources - FCS allies collaborate to leverage organizational resources and achieve mutually desirable goals.
Strategic Actions (initiatives and projects taken by PAFCS and its committees in support of achieving the Strategic Outcomes)
• Strategic Actions will be determined by PAFCS groups as a component of their Action Plans.
Action Plans (the blueprint of strategies and activities planned by each AAFCS group to work toward realizing the Mission and Strategic Outcomes)
Action Plans will be developed to assure that:
• Each Action Plan aligns with one or more of the PAFCS Strategic Outcomes;
• All hold themselves accountable to the Mission and Strategic Outcomes; and
• Taken together, the Action Plans form a basis for determining progress toward the vision.